Georgetown’s Program in Learning, Design, and Technology (LDT) master’s degree provides a deep foundation in the practice and theory of learning design, technology innovation, learning analytics, and critical studies in higher education, a foundation for you to create engaging and innovative learning experiences for all students. To provide flexibility, this program is offered both on campus and online.
The landscape of higher education is complex and continually changing, posing challenges to what it means to be an effective teacher and successful learner. Designed by Georgetown’s center for teaching excellence–the Center for New Designs in Learning and Scholarship (CNDLS)–the program provides you with a broad conceptual foundation in learning and teaching design coupled with real world experience in faculty development, educational technology, and instructional and learning design.
Master’s in Learning, Design, and Technology offers an interdisciplinary curriculum on
- Learning Design
- Technology & Innovation
- Learning Analytics
- Studio-based Design
- Critical Studies in Higher Education
Interested in residential or fully online? Contact us to explore the options. Email: email@example.com
Learn more about our mission and what makes the master’s in Learning, Design, and Technology unique, from program director, Eddie Maloney.
“Students will engage in innovative opportunities that marry theory with experience, and develop a rich portfolio of real-world work, which can serve as a strong foundation on which they can build careers. Through their portfolios, students exemplify their approach to innovation, integration, inclusion and equity, and iteration."
World Class Faculty and Practitioners
Students in the Master’s in Learning, Design, and Technology program can expect to be taught by some of the world’s most renowned thought leaders and practitioners in learning, design and technology.
They are researchers and practitioners in a variety of disciplines and have been recognized for contributions in areas such as the scholarship of teaching and learning, faculty development, curriculum design, instructional and learning design, technology-enhanced learning, learning analytics, and online learning.
“What excites me about this program is that it puts together several really key dimensions that are necessary to reimagine higher education.”
Higher Education’s Big Rethink:
COVID-19 and the Future of Learning, Equity, and Transformation
Higher Education’s Big Rethink is a multi-layered community learning event that follows and interprets higher education’s adaptation to the challenges surrounding the COVID crisis and the rise in national consciousness around racial justice. Through coursework, webinar interviews, and more, students and community members track the far-reaching consequences for higher educational institutions.
Take a look at what our Learning, Design, and Technology students have been up to both inside and outside of the program! We’re thrilled to recognize them for their achievements, as well as their commitment to improving teaching and learning across all educational settings.
Careers for the Future of Higher Education
Due to higher education’s changing landscape, there is an increasing demand for innovative professionals, who can challenge long-standing teaching practices and transform education into experiences that motivate life-long success in learning.
Master’s in Learning, Design, and Technology in the News
We’re thrilled to share with you articles written by LDT students and faculty. This week, you can check-out a recent Inside Higher Ed article by Eddie Maloney (LDT Founding Director) and Joshua Kim titled The 4 Things Every Digital Learning Leader Should Know.
Why Apply to the Master’s in Learning, Design, and Technology?
With Georgetown’s long history of innovation in teaching and learning, the MA in Learning, Design, and Technology is uniquely poised to prepare the next generation of leaders in higher education, innovation, and design. Additionally, LDT is a STEM eligible program.
As a student, you will have the opportunity to
- Learn from an interdisciplinary curriculum, from which you will gain and apply critical tools in learning design, technology innovation, learning analytics, and higher education leadership
- Be part of a design program infused with Georgetown University’s core values that give care and attention to all aspects of a student’s life, and a commitment to social justice and doing good in the world
- Collaborate with and gain insight from experienced staff at the Center for New Designs in Learning and Scholarship (CNDLS)
- Learn from renowned faculty from a variety of disciplines, offering unique perspectives and experiences
- Experiment with new ideas in our Design Studio and develop your own applied innovation project in an area of your interest
- Develop a digital portfolio that represents the breadth and complexity of your experience to showcase to future employers as you pursue a career in the field
- Be part of a new and unique program built on over 20 years of experience working to develop academic innovation across Georgetown’s campus
Interested in residential or fully online options? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to explore the options.